The purpose of the Research thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships RIG is to build regional collaboratives and MNRS resources that will facilitate the start-up, conduct, translation and dissemination of nursing research and evidence-based practices (EBP).
Who Should Join?
MNRS members interested in examining ways to promote partnerships between academic schools/colleges of nursing and clinical partners.
Listserv address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6537939
Meet the RIG Leadership
Tomisin Olayinka, RN, MPH
Ann Falkenberg Olsn, PhD
2018-2019 RIG Awards
Research thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
- Outstanding Partnership Award
Nominations are now closed. Winner will be announced at the 43rd Annual Research Conference in Kansas City, MO. Please plan to join us for the full conference and the Research Thru Academic-Clinical Partnership RIG meeting.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Continue descriptive nursing research study. Pursue MNRS permission to use contact list to invite ALL MNRS members to participate.
- Subcommittee will develop a discussion format for clinical/institutional and academic student DNP projects. This format will be included in 2018-19 RIG telephone conference meetings.
- The “Partnership Definition” subcommittee will continue its work during this next year and will report during telephone conference meetings
- To build or strengthen roles in non-academic centers for nurse scientists; to facilitate: translation of EBP; mechanisms to sustain EBP into clinical/practice settings; and conduct of research focused on how to quickly accelerate the translation of research findings into real world settings.
- To assist MNRS to advance the “future of nursing” based on IOM report’s research mission.
- To enhance and maximize collaboration between academia and clinical nurse scientists; clinical/academic nurse scientists from multiple sites; nurse scientists with interdisciplinary healthcare providers/specialists and nurse scientists with corporate sponsors; etc. to enrich research results and assist in more generalizable research findings.
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Research thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Research thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships RIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference.
Research thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships RIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
Research thru Academic-Clinical Partnerships RIG minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference.