MNRS membership consists of 1,000+ research nurses and students who are committed to advancing not only their careers but also the profession of nursing science. Membership is open to all individuals both within and outside the 13-state Midwest region: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
The Midwestern states are shown in yellow:
All MNRS membership levels offer full voting privileges, all newsletters and notices, subscription to the Western Journal of Nursing Research (WJNR), reduced prices for Annual Conference, and inclusion in searchable online Membership Directory.
- Regular Member ($220)
- Retired Member ($115)
- Student Member ($110) – Students must provide proof of student status from their educational institution.
- International Member ($115) – Non-USA residents ONLY
At the 2019 MNRS Annual Business Meeting, the Board of Directors annouced that after 5 years at the current rate, there will be a small increase in membership dues effective July 1, 2019. The last time MNRS raised dues in 2016, the increase was up to 21%. To insure the MNRS membership rates keep up with ongoing cost of living inflation, we will be raising dues by 5% in 2019-2020 and 3% each year thereafter.
Please note the new rates will go into effect on July 1, 2019:
$231 for Regular members
$116 for Student members
$121 for Retired/International members
MNRS membership offers many membership benefits and we encourage all members to utilize their membership to the fullest.
MNRS offers multiple benefits to all of its members including:
- Subscription to Western Journal of Nursing Research (WJNR)
- Reduced rates for annual research conference sponsored by MNRS
- Access to the members-only website, which includes an online searchable membership directory for up-to-date member contact information
- Access to one complimentary Research Interest Group (RIG) and the opportunity to join two additional RIGS for $10 each
- Opportunity to serve on MNRS (all members) and be elected to office (regular, retired, student members)
- Monthly member newsletter, MNRS Matters
- Opportunity to build bridges and a network with nursing research professionals
Directed toward institutions with an interest in nursing research.
Gold Member – ($4500)
Silver Member – ($2500)
If you are interested in joining MNRS as a silver or gold institutional member, or if you have any questions about either of these membership types, please contact MNRS Executive Office at 615-432-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.