MNRS LOVES TO CELEBRATE OUR MEMBERS!
It is an honor to recognize the important contributions of our nursing colleagues. MNRS is now accepting nominations for our five very prestigious awards to selected members of the Society who have made significant and notable contributions to the field of nursing through research.
The Awards Committee urges you to nominate a colleague today! Self-nominations are also welcome.
Winners will be announced and celebrated in Des Moines, Iowa at the 47th Annual Research Conference, March 29 - April 1, 2023.
Harriet H. Werley New Investigator Award
Recognizes the Scientific Contribution of a New Investigator.
Distinguished Contribution Award
Recognizes the scientific contribution of a Member who enhanced the science/practice of nursing in the MNRS Region.
Distinguished Service Award
Recognizes a member who demonstrates dedicated service and commitment to MNRS.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Recognizes a member who significantly advanced the profession of nursing.
NEW THIS YEAR! The Excellence in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Award
The Excellence in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Award recognizes the contribution of a member who has demonstrated outstanding commitment and made significant contributions to advance equitable health outcomes and reduce health disparities through research, which has enhanced the science and practice of nursing in the MNRS region.
WJNR/MNRS (SAGE) Best Faculty & Best Graduate Student Paper Awards!
The Official Journal of MNRS. The Western Journal of Nursing Research (WJNR) is a journal devoted to the dissemination of research studies, book reviews, discussion and debate, and meeting calendars, all directed to a general nursing audience.
Since its inception more than two decades ago, WJNR has risen to the challenges of the ever-changing nursing research field, providing an innovative forum for nurse researchers, students, and clinical practitioners to participate in ongoing scholarly debate.
Each issue of WJNR offers clinical research reports broadened by commentaries and authors’ responses. Participation is invited through reviews, commentaries, and research papers, as well as submissions to the department editors and Letters to the Editor in the Information Exchange section.
- To access current and/or past issues of WJNR, click here.
- To contribute to the WJNR, click here.
- Questions can be directed to the WJNR Editor, Dr. Todd Ruppar.
Please note: All MNRS members receive an online subscription to WJNR. Please help us Go Green and cancel your print copy today!
- To access the online issue:
- Log into the MNRS website using your credentials
- Click on “Journal Access” in the gray box on the right side of the screen
- Once on the WJNR site, go to My Account and sign in or create a sign-in; then visit My Alerts to update your email alerts.
BEST PAPER AWARDS:
Western Journal of Nursing Research // Midwest Nursing Research Society
Sage Best Faculty Paper Award-- OPEN for submission
Sage Best Student Paper Award-- OPEN for submission
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding scientific manuscript contributions to WJNR by members of the Midwest Nursing Research Society. This annual award will be conferred to two manuscripts, one with a faculty member as first author and one with a student as first author. The winner of each of these awards will be presented with a $500 prize by Sage Publishing.
- First author must be a member of MNRS in good standing at the time of submission of the award application.
- A presentation of the research must have been made in the form of a poster, paper, or symposium at a previous MNRS Annual Research Conference.
- The award application manuscript must meet the publication guidelines of WJNR.
- The award application manuscript must complete a competitive review for scientific merit that is consistent with the award evaluation criteria.
|Potential award recipients will be solicited from the MNRS membership through the following mechanisms: electronic communications from the Board of Directors, the Research Section Chairs, and the WJNR Advisory Board. Additional contacts may occur from these same groups at the Annual Conference.|
|June 1, 2023:||Deadline for manuscript submission|
|July 1, 2023:||Review of all submissions completed and winners notified|
|August 1, 2023:||Winners' names will be published on the MNRS website.|
|Fall 2023:||Winning manuscripts will be scheduled to published in the next available edition of WJNR|
All award submissions will be evaluated on the same criteria:
- Significance of the work
- Support for the work from literature and theoretical framework if appropriate
- Purpose/aims and hypotheses/research questions are logical extensions of the literature review and theoretical framework if appropriate
- Methods address the hypotheses/research aims
- Soundness of the methodology (e.g. attempts made to minimize internal and external validity threats)
- Analysis addresses the hypotheses/research questions
- Interpretations of analysis are appropriate
- Hypotheses/research questions are addressed in the discussion
- Conclusion includes implications for practice, theory development and future research
- Title page with complete author information and acknowledgments
Submit all materials electronically by midnight on June 1, 2023:
Robert Topp, PhD, RN
The University of Toledo, College of Nursing
3000 Arlington Ave. Mail Stop 1026
Toledo, Ohio 43614
2023 Submission Materials are available by Clicking HERE.
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding scientific manuscript contributions to WJNR by members of the Midwest Nursing Research Society. This annual award will be conferred to two manuscripts, one with a faculty member as first author and one with a student as first author.
The winner of each of these awards will be presented with a $500 prize by Sage Publishing.
- 1 Best Faculty Award
- 1 Best Graduate Student Award
- Applications Available: OPEN
- Deadline for Submission: JUNE 1, 2023