To promote and support research focused on palliative & end‐of‐life care. Our membership includes nurses with a broad range of research experience, from tenured professors who are established researchers with experience in securing grant funding and methodological expertise, to practitioners with clinical expertise related to end-of-life research, and nursing students whose passion lies in this area. This broad range of experience is useful in networking and sharing ideas regarding both theoretical and practical concerns in end-of-life research.
Who Should Join?
We welcome your participation in the Palliative & End-of-Life Care RIG. We are looking forward to meeting everyone who is interested in research and translational science regarding end-of-life issues, from symptom management and comfort care during life-threatening illness to caregiver issues, and to grief management for the bereaved.
Meet the RIG Leadership
Renee Kumpula, EdD, MN, RN, PHN
Rebecca Lehto, PhD, RN,
Christine Fortney, PhD, RN
Masako Mayahara, PhD,RN
2018-2019 RIG Awards
Palliative & End of Life Care is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
- Dissertation Award
- Distinguished Researcher Award
- DNP Project Award
- Mid-Career Researcher Award
- New Investigator Award
Nominations are now closed. Winner will be announced at the 43rd Annual Research Conference in Kansas City, MO. Please plan to join us for the full conference and the Palliative & End of Life Care RIG RIG meeting.
- Update RIG directory of members with research area and population of interest to facilitate collaboration among RIG members
- Distribute information of interest to RIG members on a regular basis (e.g. policy and legislation, NINR initiatives, member publications and awards, current trends in palliative and end-of-life research, member highlights)
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Continue to improve/increase communication and networking between RIG members outside of the Annual Meeting
- Highlight the research and recognize the accomplishments of our members through all available mechanisms (e.g. MNRS website/MNRS Matters newsletter and Research Briefs
RIG Email Updates
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Palliative & End of Life Care RIG , please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Palliative & End-of-Life Care RIG Minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference.
Palliative & End-of-Life Care RIG Minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
Palliative & End-of-Life Care RIG Minutes from the 2016 Annual Conference.