John A. Hartford Foundation Award
Nominations Open: August 1, 2017
Deadline for Submission: October 20, 2017
The purpose of the John A. Hartford Foundation Award is to recognize MNRS members who have demonstrated the potential for leadership in geriatric nursing science, and who will likely improve the quality of care for older adults in the MNRS region as evidence of their scholarship. MNRS members who are less than 8 years post receipt of their terminal degree and have not yet received R-series federal funding are eligible for this award. The recipient(s) of this award will have conducted research that has guided and improved geriatric nursing practice and/or promoted science-based education in geriatric nursing. This award was first bestowed in 2001.
Nominees for the MNRS/John A. Hartford Foundation Award for Leadership in Geriatric Nursing Research must be regular members of MNRS in good standing and be nominated according to the process outlined. Research teams are eligible in addition to individuals.
Nominations will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Contributions to geriatric nursing research
- Has research enhanced the science and/or practice of geriatric nursing
Nomination Application Information MUST include:
- NIH Biosketch (limited to 4 pages only)
- 100-word narrative summary statement about the applicant's accomplishments and/or contributions to geriatric nursing that describes how the applicant's research has enhanced the science and/or practice of geriatric nursing
- Two (2) letters of support that detail aspects of the nominee's leadership in geriatric nursing, as outlined in the purpose statement above
The individual(s) selected agrees to attend the Annual Conference and receive a plaque during the awards ceremony.
Click Here to Complete the Online Nomination/Application Form
The MNRS Awards Committee reviews the nominations according to the criteria and makes recommendations to the Board for final approval. The Selection Sub-Committee for each award is comprised of a chair, who may be a board member, and three past award recipients who are MNRS members-in-good standing.
Powered by Parthenon Management Group
© 2017 Midwest Nursing Research Society. All Rights Reserved.