The Translational Science RIG membership includes nurse scientists who are affiliated with Clinical Translation Science Award (CTSA) activities in the Midwest. A venue for nurse scientists engaged in translational research to network, collaborate, and discuss approaches to advance nursing science and nurse scientist engagement in clinical translational science.
Who Should Join?
- Nurse scientists who are actively involved, or who have interest in, translational science activities in the Midwest.
- While emphasized in the past, members may or may not be directly involved in Clinical Translation Science Award (CTSA) activities in the Midwest.
Meet the RIG Leadership
Julie Weldon, MSN, RN
Kasey Boehmer, M.P.H., PH.D.
Sabina Kupershmidt, Ph.D, BS
Mary Beth Happ, PhD, RN, FAAN
2018-2019 RIG Awards
The Translational Nursing Science RIG has not issued any calls for RIG Awards in 2018-2019.
Please contact the RIG Chair with questions.
- Maintain or increase RIG membership
- Welcome and orient our new co-chairs elect
- Maintain newsletter and other activities identified during 2017 RIG needs assessment
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Build membership, particularly among smaller, less research – intensive institutions.
- Increase engagement in collaborative activities across member organization with similar translational science goals.
- Build membership, particularly among smaller, less research-intensive colleagues, universities, and clinical settings
- Increase engagement in collaborative activities across member organizations
Holli Devon, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing and Kristina Dreifuerst, Ph.D., Marquette University College of Nursing were the 2017 recipients of the Nurses in Translational Science Outstanding Researcher Award!
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Translational Science RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Translational Science RIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference.
Translational Science RIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
Translational Science RIG minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference.