The purpose of this RIG is to advance the research and scholarship related to the practices, methods, theories, and outcomes in promoting self-care among nurses, healthcare providers, and patients. This RIG will address:
- Self-care in health, wellness and well-being
- Integrative and holistic self-care technologies
- The impact of self-care for the inter-professional health care providers, educators and their students
- The relationship and impact of self-care on symptom management and satisfaction of the patients and families the health care provider serves
- The influence of self-care on the organizations in which nurses practice and study, their ability to work well together
Who Should Join?
Nurse scientists, clinical scholars and students with an interest and commitment to advance self-care research, scholarship, and clinical practice.
Meet the RIG Leadership
Lenette Jones, PhD, ACNS-BC, RN
Linda Burdette, PhD, M.S.N., RN, APHN-BC
Juila Chang, SCRN, RN, BSN.
Denise Soltow Hershey, PhD, RN, FNP-BC,
Carli Zegers, BSN, RN,
2018-2019 RIG Awards
Self Care is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
- Dissertation Award
- Mid-Career Investigator Award
- New Investigator Award
- Senior Investigator Award
Nominations are now closed. Winner will be announced at the 43rd Annual Research Conference in Kansas City, MO. Please plan to join us for the full conference and the Self Care RIG meeting.
Overall/Long Term Goals
Our goals are to explore self-care practices and the breadth, depth, and rigor of this emerging body of knowledge. The RIG will provide a forum for developing research and scholarship that is translatable for nurses and other health care professionals. The work of the section will also address the efficacy of self-care practice to improve student and nurse well-being, nurse workforce retention, patient health outcomes, and healthcare cost effectiveness. The section encourages networking among educators, researchers, clinicians and students
- Enhance RIG communication
- Identify potential collaborators within the RIG
- Prepare for guaranteed symposium in 2020
- Continue to offer RIG Awards
- Offer mentorship to those who are interested
- Recruit new members
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Self Care RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Self Care RIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference.
Self Care RIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
Self Care RIG minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference.