The purpose of this RIIG is to advance the research and scholarship related to the practices, methods, theories, and outcomes in promoting self-care among nurses, healthcare providers, and patients. This RIIG will address:
- Self-care in health, wellness and well-being
- Integrative and holistic self-care technologies
- The impact of self-care for the inter-professional health care providers, educators and their students
- The relationship and impact of self-care on symptom management and satisfaction of the patients and families the health care provider serves
- The influence of self-care on the organizations in which nurses practice and study, their ability to work well together
Who Should Join?
Nurse scientists, clinical scholars and students with an interest and commitment to advance self-care research, scholarship, and clinical practice.
Groupsite Community Networking Platform: https://mnrs.groupsite.com/
Meet the RIIG Leadership
Wendy Bauer, PhD, RN
Jessica Miller, PhD(c), RN
Natany Ferreira Oberfrank, PhD, RN
Carli Zegers, PhD, APRN-NP, FNP-BC
Timiya Nolan, PhD, ANP-BC
Deidre Wipke-Tevis, PhD, RN
LeeAnne Sherwin, PhD, MS, FNP-BC,
2021-2022 RIIG Awards
The Self Care RIIG is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIIG membership:
- Dissertation Award
- Mid-Career Investigator Award
- New Investigator Award
- Capstone Award
- Senior Investigator Award
Please be sure to visit the RIIG Award submission site to nominate a fellow RIIG member today.
Opens: October 7, 2021
Closes: December 3, 2021, by 5pm EST
If the above link does not load quickly, you can access the RIIG Award Nomination site by accessing the main MNRS conference submission site: https://mnrs.societyconference.com/?conf_id=10006&m=user&h=event/ev_073mx
- Login using your email address and personal password.
- Click on the Submissions box.
- Access My Dashboard
- Submit RIIG Award
If you continue to have issues, please be sure to call the Executive Office at 615-432-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall/Long Term Goals
We aim to boost outreach and engagement with our RIIG membership. We will begin use of the Groupsite platform and our Twitter page to highlight RIIG and MNRS information. We aim to engage the broader MNRS membership with timely webinar topics. Lastly, we aim to recruit and retain new members.
RIIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Self Care RIIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Self Care RIIG minutes from the 2021 Annual Research Conference
Self Care RIIG minutes from the 2020 Annual Research Conference
Self Care RIIG minutes from the 2019 Annual Research Conference
Self Care RIIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference
Self Care RIIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference
Self Care RIIG minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference