The mission of the Physiology, Behavior, Genomics & Society (PBG&S) Research Interest Group is to promote, disseminate, and translate nursing research with an emphasis on physiological phenomena, experimental genomics, behavior, nursing care associated with emerging technologies, and their impact on society.
Who Should Join?
Investigators who share an interest in research related to physiology and genomics (including epigenetics/epigenomics), including the relationship of such phenomena on behavior and society; as well as the impact of new technologies on nursing practice and society.
Listserv address: email@example.com
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6539618
Meet the RIG Leadership
Alyson Hanish, PhD, MSN, RN
Rika Tanda, PhD, MSN, BSN, BS
2018-2019 RIG Awards
Physiology, Behavior, Genomics & Society RIG has not issued any calls for RIG Awards in 2018-2019.
Please contact the RIG Chair with questions.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Provide a lively and interactive forum to facilitate networking with members who have similar research interests
- Recognize the contributions of researchers who advance the physiological, behavioral, genomic, and societal scientific knowledge
- Advance high quality nursing research in physiological phenomena, experimental genomics, behavior, and nursing care associated with emerging technologies, and
- Disseminate findings related to the societal impact of new technologies
- Increase membership
- Provide opportunities for mentorship
- Encourage the use of Co-Chairs to decrease burden on one person
- Use additional person to upload research articles of interest to RIG
- Distinguished Scholar Award – Linda Witek Janusek, PhD, RN, FAAN, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, Loyola University Chicago, received the 2016 Distinguished Scholar Award
- Outstanding Dissertation Award – Alyson E. Hanish PhD, MSN, RN, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, received the 2016 Outstanding Dissertation Award
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Physiology, Behavior, Genomics & Society RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Physiology, Behavior, Genomics & Society RIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference
Physiology, Behavior, Genomics & Society RIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference
Physiology, Behavior, Genomics & Society RIG minutes from the 2015 Annual Research Conference