To advance the science of nursing education
Who Should Join?
Those interested in discussing, disseminating, collaborating, and researching nursing educational teaching and learning strategies and pedagogies
Meet the RIG Leadership for 2020 – 2021
Lauri Sells, MSN
Susan Strouse, PhD, RN
Chair- Elect and Grant Representative
Jenny O’Rourke, PhD
Carol Kostovich, PhD, RN, CHSE
Rhoda Owens, PhD, RN
2020-2021 RIG Awards
The 2020-2021 RIG Awards Nominations are now closed. Please be sure to attend the RIG Annual Meeting right before the 2021 Annual Research Conference in March 2021 for the announcement of RIG Award Winners.
2020 – 2021 Goals
- Increase visibility with a symposia on a topic of interest for conference attendees
- Improve networking, collaboration, communication, and make it more user friendly for the purpose of mentoring and enhanced funding mechanisms and multi-site research:
- MNRS Matters (eNewsletter)
- Listserv (group email)
- Refinement of measurement tools in education
- Discussions formatted around topic specificity
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Foster a collaborative research interest for nursing education and highlight trends in nursing education.
- Generate translational/applied science for best practices in nursing education.
- Stay in touch with national trends related to research and evidence-based teaching for nursing education
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Nursing Education RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Nursing Education RIG Annual Report from the 2020 Annual Research Conference
Nursing Education RIG Annual Report from the 2019 Annual Research Conference