To advance the science of nursing education
Who Should Join?
Those interested in discussing, disseminating, collaborating, and researching nursing educational teaching and learning strategies and pedagogies
Meet the RIG Leadership for 2019 – 2020
Rhoda Owens, PhD, RN
Laurie Sells, MSN
Susan Strouse, PhD, RN
Patti Varga, PhD, MSN, RN, CNE
Diane Marcyjanik, PhD, RN
Karen Gorton, PhD, FNP, RN
2019-2020 RIG Awards
The Nursing Education RIG is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
Please be sure to visit the RIG Award submission site to nominate a fellow Nursing Education RIG member today.
Opens: October 1, 2019
Closes: December 3, 2019
If the above link does not load quickly, you can access the RIG Award Nomination site by accessing the main MNRS conference submission site: mnrs.societyconference.com.
- Login using your email address and personal password.
- Click on the Submissions box.
- Access My Dashboard
- Submit RIG Award
If you continue to have issues, please be sure to call the Executive Office at 615-432-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 RIG Awards
2019 – 2020 Goals
- Increase visibility with a symposia
- Improve networking, collaboration, communication, and make it more user friendly for the purpose of mentoring and enhanced funding mechanisms and multi-site research:
- MNRS Matters (eNewsletter)
- Listserv (group email)
- Refinement of measurement tools in education
- Discussions formatted around topic specificity
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Foster a collaborative research interest for nursing education and highlight trends in nursing education.
- Generate translational/applied science for best practices in nursing education.
- Stay in touch with national trends related to research and evidence-based teaching for nursing education
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Nursing Education RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Nursing Education RIG Annual Report from the 2019 Annual Research Conference