The focus of the Health Promoting Behaviors Across the Lifespan RIG is to advance nursing knowledge of successful approaches to health promotion, disease prevention, and self-management in diverse populations. As part of the larger health care community, nursing scholars work to better understand the complexity of factors that contribute to health behavior.
We seek to promote discussion about the diverse types of health promoting behavior research conducted by MNRS members, and to provide avenues for collaboration, consultation, and dissemination.
Who Should Join?
Anyone with an interest in health promotion activities, especially among marginalized and vulnerable populations
Listserv address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6539608
Meet the RIG Leadership
Sydney Buckland, MSN, PhD-in progress
Shannon Halloway, PhD, RN,
Pallav Deka, PhD, BS, MS,
Susan Dunn, PhD, RN, FAHA
Past Chair and
Past Chair and
2018-2019 RIG Awards
Health Promoting Behaviors Across the Lifespan is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
- Outstanding Dissertation Award
- Senior Nurse Researcher Award
- New Investigator Award
Nominations are now closed. Winner will be announced at the 43rd Annual Research Conference in Kansas City, MO. Please plan to join us for the full conference and the Health Promoting Behaviors Across the Lifespan RIG meeting.
- Promote latest developments on driven health promoting behaviors.
- Increase networking opportunities among RIG members.
- Plan a pre-conference or competitive symposia for the 2019 conference in collaboration with another RIG.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Increase research and scholarship collaboration among RIG members.
- Promote dissemination of cutting edge research on health promotion and disease prevention.
- Recognize excellence in health promotion scholarship at various stages of research careers.
Recent Activities/ Highlights
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Health Promoting Behaviors Across the Lifespan RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Health Promoting Behavior Across the Lifespan RIG Minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference.
Health Promoting Behavior Across the Lifespan RIG Minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference.
Health Promoting Behavior Across the Lifespan RIG Minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference.