The Gerontological Nursing Science RIG is dedicated to the advancement of Gerontological nursing science and care of older adults through research. Members include researchers, clinicians, educators, and students with diverse backgrounds in aging-related care and practice issues.
- Serve to connect MNRS members with an interest in Gerontological nursing throughout the year
- Recognize member’s contributions to Gerontological nursing science through awards and dissemination of research highlights
- Increase student involvement in the section through leadership and taskforce involvement
- Provide an opportunity for section members to become involved with, contribute to and provide leadership within MNRS
Who Should Join?
Membership in this RIG is open to all MNRS members who are interested in advancing the science of Gerontology through research, collaborative work to address issues of aging and promoting outcomes that result from the research being conducted.
Meet the RIG Leadership for 2019 – 2020
Kimberly Oosterhouse, PhD, RN
Lisa Skemp, PhD, MA, RN, FGSA, FAAN, BSN
Olimpia Paun, PhD, RN, PMHCNS-BC, FGSA
2019-2020 RIG Awards
The Gerontological Nursing Science RIG is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
Please be sure to visit the RIG Award submission site to nominate a fellow Gerontological Nursing Science RIG member today.
Opens: October 1, 2019
Closes: December 3, 2019
If the above link does not load quickly, you can access the RIG Award Nomination site by accessing the main MNRS conference submission site: mnrs.societyconference.com.
- Login using your email address and personal password.
- Click on the Submissions box.
- Access My Dashboard
- Submit RIG Award
If you continue to have issues, please be sure to call the Executive Office at 615-432-0098 or email email@example.com
2018-2019 RIG Awards
Gerontological Nursing Science:
Gerontological Nursing Science:
2019 – 2020 Goals
1) Focus on student engagment and mentorship in the GRIG.
2) Continue building membership and refining communications to foster gerontology relationships, synergy and interconnections.
3) Expand leadership team: Leader Emeriti: Carol Rogers and Marianne Smith. Continue committee chairs: 1) Communications: Marianne Smith, Ryleigh Maas (co-editor), 2) Awards: Olimpia Paun. 3) Nominations: Helen Farrar. 4) Student Representative Melissa Harris, University of Michigan.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- 2019-2020: As above. Submit at least one competitive symposium. Determine readiness to submit a pre-conference workshop.
- 2020-2021: Submit guaranteed symposium
- 2021-2022: TBD
- The Gero-Rig will be submitting an application for a Competitive Symposium. Topic of interest to be determined.
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Gerontological Nursing Science RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Gerontological Nursing Science RIG Annual Report from the 2019 Annual Research Conference
Gerontological Nursing Science RIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference
Gerontological Nursing Science RIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference
Gerontological Nursing Science RIG minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference