The Gerontological Nursing Science RIIG is dedicated to the advancement of Gerontological nursing science and care of older adults through research. Members include researchers, clinicians, educators, and students with diverse backgrounds in aging-related care and practice issues.
- Serve to connect MNRS members with an interest in Gerontological nursing throughout the year
- Recognize member’s contributions to Gerontological nursing science through awards and dissemination of research highlights
- Increase student involvement in the section through leadership and taskforce involvement
- Provide an opportunity for section members to become involved with, contribute to and provide leadership within MNRS
Who Should Join?
Membership in this RIIG is open to all MNRS members who are interested in advancing the science of Gerontology through research, collaborative work to address issues of aging and promoting outcomes that result from the research being conducted.
Groupsite Community Networking Platform: https://mnrs.groupsite.com/
Meet the RIIG Leadership for 2020 – 2021
Lisa Bailey, BSN, RN
Kimberly Oosterhouse, PhD, RN
Debra Jansen, PhD, RN
2020-2021 RIIG Awards
Overall/Long Term Goals
- 2020-2021: Submit at least one competitive symposium. Prepare for future symposia development. Determine readiness to submit a pre-conference workshop.
- 2021-2022: Submit at least one competitive symposium.
- 2022-2023: Submit a guaranteed symposium.
RIIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Gerontological Nursing Science RIIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Gerontological Nursing Science RIIG Annual Report from the 2020 Annual Research Conference
Gerontological Nursing Science RIIG Annual Report from the 2019 Annual Research Conference
Gerontological Nursing Science RIIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference
Gerontological Nursing Science RIIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference
Gerontological Nursing Science RIIG minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference