The purpose of the Family Health RIIG is to advance family science by facilitating networking and partnerships between members, fostering the quality of the research conducted to advance family science, and facilitating dissemination of the research of section members. The Family Health RIIG will continue to provide continuity as a “intellectual home and center of connectedness” for a core of nurse researches committed to extending family science.
Who Should Join?
Researchers interested in family health research
Groupsite Community Networking Platform: https://mnrs.groupsite.com/
Meet the RIIG Leadership
Natalie McAndrew, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC
Kayla Herbell, PhD, RN
Valerie Toly, PhD, RN
Monique Ridosh, PhD, RN
2021-2022 RIIG Awards
The Family Health RIIG is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIIG membership:
Please be sure to visit the RIIG Award submission site to nominate a fellow RIIG member today.
Opens: October 7, 2021
Closes: December 3, 2021, by 5pm EST
If the above link does not load quickly, you can access the RIIG Award Nomination site by accessing the main MNRS conference submission site: https://mnrs.societyconference.com/?conf_id=10006&m=user&h=home
- Login using your email address and personal password.
- Click on the Submissions box.
- Access My Dashboard
- Submit RIIG Award
If you continue to have issues, please be sure to call the Executive Office at 615-432-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increase membership and communication (using Groupsite) and social media
Overall/Long Term Goals
- Submit for competitive and guaranteed symposiums
- Develop a symposium in collaboration with another RIG,
- increase membership by 15%,
- Each year, highlight the work of at least 3 members of the RIG,
- Develop a pre-conference workshop specific to family health
- increase mentoring of early stage investigators within the RIG by inviting more PhD and DNP students and more networking (at least one networking event per year).
FAMILY RIIG MEMBERS ABROAD!!
MNRS Family RIIG members attending the International Family Nursing Conference in Pamplona Spain.
Pictured: Sandra Eggenberger, Joan Totka, Rachel Schiffman, Kathy Sawin, Marilyn Swan, Norah Johnson, and Monique Ridosh.
If you are interested in learning more about the Family Health RIIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Family Health RIIG Annual Report from the 2021 Annual Research Conference
Family Health RIIG Annual Report from the 2020 Annual Research Conference
Family Health RIIG Annual Report from the 2019 Annual Research Conference
Family Health RIIG minutes from the 2019 Annual Research Conference
Family Health RIIG minutes from the 2018 Annual Research Conference
Family Health RIIG minutes from the 2017 Annual Research Conference
Family Health RIIG minutes from the 2016 Annual Research Conference