The purpose of the Adolescent Health RIG is to encourage networking, mentoring, and collaboration among researchers who target adolescents. Those who are actively conducting research or who are interested in research involving adolescents are welcome. Through our RIG, members can engage with other researchers in the field, receive consultation from senior researchers, find a mentor, or become a mentor to others.
Who Should Join?
Anyone with an interest in adolescent health scholarship or desires to engage in clinical discussions of the health care challenges impacting this vulnerable population.
Meet the RIG Leadership for 2020 – 2021
Kimberly Hartson, PhD, RN
Dianne Morrison-Beedy, PhD, RN, FNAP, FAANP, FAAN
Maha Albdour, PhD, RN, APHN-BC
Barbara J. McMorris, PhD
2019-2020 RIG Awards
2020 – 2021 Goals
1. Organize and submit a Competitive Symposium.
2. Implement regular RIG communication. We will strive to maintain a regular presence on the LinkedIn site for our RIG and at least a quarterly email on listserv.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- 1. To grow our member list to exceed 100 members
2. To recognize the scientific contribution of members to adolescent health research
3. To build and support collaborative research partnerships among MNRS members
4. To disseminate information specific to researchers working with adolescents and young adults.
5. To promote mentorship and networking among members.
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Adolescent Health RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2020 Annual Research Conference
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2019 Annual Research Conference
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2018 Annual Research Conference
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2017 Annual Research Conference
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2016 Annual Research Conference