The purpose of the Adolescent Health RIG is to encourage networking, mentoring, and collaboration among researchers who target adolescents. Those who are actively conducting research or who are interested in research involving adolescents are welcome. Through our RIG, members can engage with other researchers in the field, receive consultation from senior researchers, find a mentor, or become a mentor to others.
Who Should Join?
Anyone with an interest in adolescent health scholarship or desires to engage in clinical discussions of the health care challenges impacting this vulnerable population.
Meet the RIG Leadership for 2019 – 2020
Maha Albdour, PhD, RN, APHN-BC
Halima Al-Khattab, PhD, RN
Luz Huntington-Moskos, PhD, RN, CPN
Lynn Mohr, PhD, APRN, PCNS-BC
Laureen Smith, PhD, RN
Traci Snedden, PhD, RN, CPNP
2019-2020 RIG Awards
The Adolescent Health RIG is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
Please be sure to attend the RIG meeting at the 2020 Annual Research Conference to learn more about the award recipients.
2018-2019 RIG Awards
2019 – 2020 Goals
1. Organize and submit a Competitive Symposium.
2. Implement regular RIG communication. We will strive to maintain a regular presence on the LinkedIn site for our RIG and at least a quarterly email on listserv.
Overall/Long Term Goals
- To recognize the scientific contribution of members to adolescent health research
- To build and support collaborative research partnerships among MNRS members
- To disseminate information specific to researchers working with adolescents and young adults
- To promote mentorship and networking among members
The Adolescent Health RIG plans to submit for a competitive symposium for the 2018 MRNS conference. Be sure to join the Adolescent Health RIG to receive announcements about this opportunity as well as other important RIG news throughout the calendar year.
RIG Minutes/Meeting Summary
If you are interested in learning more about the Adolescent Health RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2019 Annual Research Conference
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2018 Annual Research Conference
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2017 Annual Research Conference
Adolescent Health RIG Annual Report from the 2016 Annual Research Conference