The purpose of this RIG is to foster collaboration among nurse-scientists and clinical scholars, and collectively contribute to the advancement of science that underpins the nursing care of acutely and critically-ill patients and their families across the life span and health-care settings. The reorganization of this section reflects current issues and trends affecting the care provided for these patients in the hospitals, long-term care facilities, transport/mobile ICUs, urgent care centers, and homes.
Who Should Join?
Nurse scientists, clinicians, nursing students
Listserv address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6539621
Meet the RIG Leadership for 2020 – 2021
Kelly Calkins, PhD, RN, CCRN
Anna Krupp, PhD, RN, CCRN
Natalie McAndrew, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC
Teresa Jerofke-Owen, PhD, RN
2019-2020 RIG Awards
Acute & Critical-Care Across the Lifespan:
1. Increase RIG membership
2. Increase award applications
3. Hold a Guaranteed Symposium on acute and critical care research challenges in 2020
4. Coordinate a Competitive Symposium for 2021
5. Distribute RIG newsletter twice a year
6. Tweet important RIG information
7. Provide mentorship in RIG through ‘Meet the Professor/Senior Scientist’ sessions at RIG meetings.
Overall/Long Term Goals
To engage members in the development, implementation, and dissemination of research and scholarships.
- Create a collaborative network among RIG members such as developing a directory of their area of science and population of interest (neonates, pediatrics, adults), current research projects, and professional affiliations.
- Cultivate new generations of scientists through mentor-mentee relationships.
- Engage members in scholarly dialogue to identify and address barriers and challenges in the development and implementation of research projects in acute and critical-care settings through guaranteed or competitive symposia.
- Recognize scholarly achievements among students, clinicians, faculty, and researchers.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic directions of the MNRS.
If you are interested in learning more about the Acute & Critical Care RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2020 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2019 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2018 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2017 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2016 Annual Conference