The purpose of this RIG is to foster collaboration among nurse-scientists and clinical scholars, and collectively contribute to the advancement of science that underpins the nursing care of acutely and critically-ill patients and their families across the life span and health-care settings. The reorganization of this section reflects current issues and trends affecting the care provided for these patients in the hospitals, long-term care facilities, transport/mobile ICUs, urgent care centers, and homes.
Who Should Join?
Nurse scientists, clinicians, nursing students
Listserv address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6539621
Meet the RIG Leadership
Breanna Hetland, PhD, RN, CCRN-K
Natalie McAndrew, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC
Jill Guttormson, PhD, RN
2018-2019 RIG Awards
Acute & Critical-Care Across The Life Span is proud to announce the following award opportunities to the RIG membership:
- Distinguished Award
- New Investigator Award
- Graduate Student Award
- Undergraduate Student Award
Nominations are now closed. Winner will be announced at the 43rd Annual Research Conference in Kansas City, MO. Please plan to join us for the full conference and the Acute & Critical Care RIG meeting.
1. Increase RIG membership
2. Increase award applications
3. Submit application for preconference MNRS 2018
4. Increase communication; establish newsletter
5. Increase student and member involvement in the RIG through ‘Meet the Professor/Senior Scientist’ sessions at RIG meetings.
Overall/Long Term Goals
To engage members in the development, implementation, and dissemination of research and scholarships.
- Create a collaborative network among RIG members such as developing a directory of their area of science and population of interest (neonates, pediatrics, adults), current research projects, and professional affiliations.
- Cultivate new generations of scientists through mentor-mentee relationships.
- Engage members in scholarly dialogue to identify and address barriers and challenges in the development and implementation of research projects in acute and critical-care settings through guaranteed or competitive symposia.
- Recognize scholarly achievements among students, clinicians, faculty, and researchers.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic directions of the MNRS.
If you are interested in learning more about the Acute & Critical Care RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2018 Annual Conference.
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2017 Annual Conference.
Acute & Critical-Care RIG RIG Minutes from the 2016 Annual Conference.