The Midwest Nursing Research Society is pleased to offer up to one New Investigator Seed Grant of up to $10,000. The purpose of this grant is to support researchers in the Midwest that advance nursing science and practice. Funds are available for quantitative and qualitative research on any topic relevant to nursing science. This funding is available to all MNRS nursing researchers, regardless of prior funding history or time from dissertation. All applicants MUST be current active members of MNRS to be eligible for this grant.
Applicants for New Investigator Seed Grants shall have no more than five years post- dissertation experience and no NIH funding from either the R or K series or equivalent funding.
Submissions will only be accepted between September 2 – November 19, 2021. When more than one investigator is listed, the first individual named is the MNRS point of contact. The first investigator will assume responsibility for the conduct of the research.
The MNRS Grants Committee is tasked with reviewing applications, and recommending funding avenues to the MNRS Board of Directors. No proposals will be returned to the grant applicant.
Please Note: Doctoral students may only apply for dissertation grants.
The grant application portal will be open September 2 – November 19, 2021.
Recipients will be notified if they have received a Seed Grant in late February.
Funding starts at the end of the Annual Conference, but only after the recipient has received IRB approval. Attaining IRB approval is the responsibility of the investigator.
Budget is not to exceed applicable grant amount. Only expenses essential to the conduct of the proposed research will be funded. No indirect costs are allowed.
- Personnel: RAs can be hired on an hourly or FTE% basis. State percentage of effort on project and salaries and benefits. PI and CoPI salaries, and subcontractors, are NOT allowable.
- Supplies: Items with a unit cost of $500 or less.
- Travel only as related to carrying out this research proposal NOT to present the findings of the study
- Other: Printing, Parking, food postage, subject incentives, telephone, and duplicating in this category.
- Supplies with a unit cost of more than $500
- Personal computers
- PI and CoPI salaries
- Educational assistance such as tuition, textbooks, or dissertation preparation
- Travel or per diem to present papers or posters to MNRS or any other conference
- Conference registration
- Funds cannot be used to travel to the MNRS Conference
- MNRS membership