Western Journal of Nursing Research/MNRS Sage Best Faculty and Best Graduate Student Paper Awards.
WESTERN JOURNAL OF NURSING RESEARCH
WJNR is the Official Journal of MNRS. The Western Journal of Nursing Research (WJNR) is a journal devoted to the dissemination of research studies, book reviews, discussion and debate, and meeting calendars, all directed to a general nursing audience.
Since its inception more than two decades ago, WJNR has risen to the challenges of the ever-changing nursing research field, providing an innovative forum for nurse researchers, students and clinical practitioners to participate in ongoing scholarly debate.
Each issue of WJNR offers clinical research reports broadened by commentaries and authors’ responses. Participation is invited through reviews, commentaries, and research papers as well as submissions to the department editors and Letters to the Editor in the Information Exchange section.
- To access current and/or past issues of WJNR, click here.
- To contribute to the WJNR, click here.
- Questions can be directed to the WJNR Editor, Dr. Todd Ruppar.
Please note: All MNRS members receive an online subscription to WJNR. Please help us Go Green and cancel your print copy today!
- To access the online issue:
- Login to the MNRS website using your credentials
- Click on “Journal Access” in the gray box on the right side of the screen
- Once on the WJNR site, go to My Account and sign in or create a sign in, Then visit My Alerts to update your email alerts.
Best Paper Awards
Western Journal of Nursing Research // Midwest Nursing Research Society
Sage Best Faculty Paper Award-- DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 1ST
Sage Best Student Paper Award-- SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding scientific manuscript contributions to WJNR by members of the Midwest Nursing Society. This annual award will be conferred to two manuscripts, one with a faculty member as first author and one with a student as first author. The winner of each of these awards will be presented with a $500 prize by Sage Publishing.
- First author must be a member of MNRS in good standing at the time of submission of the award application.
- A presentation of the research must have been made in the form of a poster, paper, or symposium at a previous MNRS Annual Research Conference.
- The award application manuscript must meet the publication guidelines of WJNR.
- The award application manuscript must complete a competitive review for scientific merit that is consistent with the award evaluation criteria.
|Potential award recipients will be solicited from the MNRS membership through: electronic communications from the Board of Directors, the Research Section Chairs, and the WJNR Advisory Board. Additional contacts may occur from these same groups at the Annual Conference|
|June 1, 2022:||Deadline for STUDENT manuscript submission|
|July 1, 2022:||
Deadline for FACULTY manuscript submission
Review of STUDENT submissions completed and winners notified
|August 1, 2022:||Winners names will be published on the MNRS website.|
|Fall 2022:||Winning manuscripts will be scheduled to published in the next available edition of WJNR|
All award submissions will be evaluated on the same criteria:
- Significance of the work
- Support for the work from literature and theoretical framework if appropriate
- Purpose/aims and hypotheses/research questions are logical extensions of the literature review and theoretical framework if appropriate
- Methods address the hypotheses/research aims
- Soundness of the methodology (e.g. attempts made to minimize internal and external validity threats)
- Analysis addresses the hypotheses/research questions
- Interpretations of analysis are appropriate
- Hypotheses/research questions are addressed in the discussion
- Conclusion includes implications for practice, theory development and future research
___ Submission Face Sheet
___ Manuscript must comply with the publication guidelines of WJNR
- Title page with complete author information and acknowledgements
Submit all materials via email to Dr. Robert Topp:
Robert Topp, PhD, RN
University of Toledo, College of Nursing
3000 Arlington Ave. Mail Stop 1026
Toledo, Ohio 43614